We are happy to announce our renovations are now complete. Come stay at Landis Hotel & Suites Vancouver and see the difference!
Vancouver Tourist Attractions
Welcome to Vancouver and The Landis Hotel & Suites. Here is a list of top tourist attractions in and around downtown. For more local information, just ask our friendly front desk staff.
The jewel of Vancouver, Stanley Park is a stunning urban forest oasis featuring an incredible seawall walkway and bike path. The park has plenty of gorgeous picnic areas, beaches, a rose garden, horse-drawn tours, restaurants, a huge splash park and is also home to the Vancouver Aquarium.
Check out the historic steam clock that whistles and steams every 15 minutes, and find great shopping, eating and nightlife along this charming neighbourhood’s cobble-stoned streets and sidewalks.
A thriving art community with great shopping, a gorgeous market, live theatre and plenty of dining to explore for grown-ups, and a super-cool kids market, splash park and pond for the kiddos, Granville Island is fun for all ages.
Tree-tops adventure, cliff walks, an exhilarating suspension bridge across a rushing river, a story centre and educational displays about the region’s First Nations history, this place is truly and naturally thrilling.
The place to be on a warm summer day, English Bay’s beaches offer great ocean swimming with lifeguarded areas, sand volleyball, kayak rentals, and waterside restaurants. English Bay is also called First Beach and can be accessed from the Stanley Park Seawall.
Explore the secrets of our West Coast waters, the Canadian Arctic and aquatic environments from around the world with interactive exhibits, touch pools and regular animal and IMAX shows.
Museums & Galleries
- Museum of Anthropology at UBC: Permanent and rotating displays of world arts and culture
- H.R. MacMillan Space Centre: Awe-inspiring exploration of our universe and beyond
- Science World at Telus World of Science: Vancouver’s coolest science centre with thrilling OMNIMAX presentations
- BC Sports Hall of Fame & Museum: A visual ode to B.C.’s best athletes
- Vancouver Art Gallery: Downtown’s iconic gallery featuring permanent and touring exhibits and collections
- Bill Reid Gallery: Works by one of Canada’s most celebrated First Nations artists
For fantastic winter and summer activities in nearby North and West Vancouver, head to any one of our three local mountains just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver for stunning views and much more:
- Cypress Mountain: This mountain’s natural bowl-shape offers amazing nordic and downhill skiing during winter months.
- Grouse Mountain: Known as the Peak of Vancouver, Grouse offers year-round outdoor sport opportunities and a gorgeous gondola or hiking trail to the top, where you will also find a wildlife refuge centre.
- Mount Seymour: Closest to the city, this family-friendly mountain wonderland features 80 hectares of ski terrain and summer activities in and around the Mount Seymour Provincial Park.
- Whistler Blackcomb: About 2 hours north of Vancouver, this world-class ski resort town boasts amazing winter and summer sporting opportunities.